Are You Ready to Jumpstart Your Career?
Career Development Resources, LLC is a full-service career management firm that has helped thousands of satisfied clients throughout the tri-state region and beyond, with expert résumé building and career counseling services. Since 1986, we have utilized our decades of experience to provide one-on-one career advancement and consulting services.
Let us help you land the rewarding job that best fits you. Whether you are fresh out of college, looking to make a career change, or have a CEO status, we can help you improve your professional image and sharpen your job search skills. Jumpstart your career with the right career development strategies!
Here is how our clients have recently benefited from our state-of-the-art expertise.
We have helped them to:
- Successfully navigate through a career change and transition
- Rapidly deploy effective job search strategies
- Identify interests, strengths, achievements, values, and operating styles to effectively target and thrive in appropriate careers
- Develop résumés and cover letters to land critical interviews
- Effectively utilize cutting edge interview training and strategies to consistently land job offers
- Leverage expertise and experience to fully maximize career path planning and advancement potential
Call 914-962-1548 today.
We have the resources you need to achieve success:
Job Search Campaign
Resumes & Cover Letters
Highly Effective Network
Job Search Campaign Management
About Mark D. Berkowitz, President
Mark D. Berkowitz is the owner and President of Career Development Resources, LLC. Changing lives and revolutionizing careers since 1985, Mark provides one-on-one career consulting services, résumé building assistance and guidance to help each client achieve not only job advancement, but lasting and meaningful success in their career path as well. A distinguished figure in his field, Berkowitz is one of the top career builders in the country and has been quoted in dozens of books and publications on the topic of career advancement.
Passionate about empowering others to realize their dreams, Mark served as an executive board member of the Professional Assn of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches. He has been helping clients successfully advance in and/or change their careers for over 30 years. With a Masters Degree in Career Development and four specialized certifications (National Certified Career Counselor, Certified Professional Résumé Writer, Int’l Certified Job & Career Transition Coach, and Certified Employment Interview Professional), he is uniquely qualified to help you improve your career situation. A recognized expert in the field, he had not only taught in Graduate Schools and led workshops and seminars, but also trained other counselors. Mark served as chairman of the Certification Board for the Professional Assn of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches and was a founding member of the Career Management Alliance (fkn Career Masters Institute). Additionally, he shared his expertise in effectively utilizing career assessment tools with graduate counseling students from nearby Fordham University, helping to prepare students for their future counseling careers.
Mark connects with clients locally as well as international clients via the internet. He also provides outreach to high school and college students, presenting career planning and job search strategy workshops.
• Highly regarded with résumés, cover letters, and interview strategies showcased in nearly two dozen books.
• International reputation as a “Résumé Guru” by members of the Professional Assn. or Résumé Writers and Career Coaches.
Mark’s Career Highlights:
- Executive Board Member: Professional Association of Resume Writers; Chairman (1998 – 2000) Certification Board.
- Served on the National Certification Board from 1995 through 2001 having coordinated the testing program for those seeking the designation Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW).
- Was quoted in the National Business Employment Weekly in an article on resume strategies.
- Serving as programming consultant to numerous school districts for their “School-to-Career Transition” programs.
- Had been instrumental in planning and producing the very successful “Career Expo” in the Hudson Valley Region for five years.
- Has been credited with being “one of the leading resume writers in the United States” by Dr. David Noble in his Jist Works book Professional Resumes for Executives, Managers, and Other Administrators.
- Appointed as Master Team Board Member for the Career Masters Institute (aka Career Management Alliance), the nation’s first-ever organization devoted exclusively to the training and development of employment professionals across all careers industries, including resume writing, outplacement, counseling, coaching, and testing.
Highly respected in the Career Management Field, examples of Mark’s résumé strategies have been published in the following books:
- Gallery Of Best Resumes
- Gallery Of Best Resumes For Two Year Degree Graduates
- The Quick Resume and Cover Letter Book
- America’s Top Resumes For America’s Top Jobs
- Cover Letter Magic
- Professional Resumes For Tax and Accounting Professionals
- Professional Resumes For Healthcare Professionals
- Professional Resumes For Executives, Managers and Other Administrators
- 101 Best Resumes
- Resumes Winners From The Pros
- Resumes That Knock ‘Em Dead
- Cover Letters That Knock ‘Em Dead
- The Edge Resume and Job Search Strategy
Career Advancement Strategies
- Résumé Help
- Cover Letters
- Job Search
- Salary Negotiations
- Career Change
What Our Clients Say About Us
"...really came through for me"
“Mark, I wanted to tell you that I just got the greatest job in the world! The résumé you wrote really paved the way and your interviewing strategies were priceless. You sensed the stress in my voice and really came through for me.”
– Tom Cannon, Investment Relations
"DOUBLE my previous salary!"
“The résumé that you did helped me achieve an offer literally DOUBLE my previous salary!”
– Joseph Napolitano, Executive Chef
"...gave me a real psychological edge!"
“You gave me a real psychological edge! I felt like I had the interviewer eating right out of the palm of my hand!!!”
– Ronald Dalero, V.P. Finance
"...getting interviews in every place"
“Mark, I’m batting 1000 and getting interviews in every place I’ve submitted my résumé. I’m even out-competing candidates who I think are better qualified and more experienced.”
– Thomas Cottini, Law Enforcement
"...higher than I dreamed possible!"
“Thanks to your expertise, I was hired at a salary more than $20 thousand higher than I dreamed possible!”
– Maria Pisano, Human Resources
"recruiters absolutely loved my résumé"
“The recruiters absolutely loved my résumé… said it made it so much easier for them to place me.”
– Martha M., Corporate Finance
"I got the job so much faster"
“With the résumé that you did for me, I got the job so much faster than I even thought possible. My boss said it was a great résumé and even commented favorably on the paper (that you had recommended). I’m so glad I had you help me with my job search!”
– Linda France, Dental Assistant
"glowing compliments on my résumé"
“I’ve already received quite a few job offers and consistently get glowing compliments on my résumé, very professional looking. The résumé has made a major impact on my current career advancement.”
– Paul McCauley, Meat Director / Merchandiser
"pumped up now about my job search"
“I gotta say that I am really pumped up now about my job search. Before I started working with you, I didn’t have any real confidence at all. Now, just let me at those interviewers!”
– Joseph M, Banking and Finance Professional
"interview couldn’t have gone better"
“If I didn’t have this résumé, I don’t know how I’d have done it. The interview couldn’t have gone better.”
– Dreas Boffi, Former Promotions Executive with UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP: ISLAND /DEF JAM RECORDS, now with INTERSCOPE RECORDS
"I obtained my dream job"
“I can’t thank you enough for the invaluable advice that you gave me and the way you went about strategizing my résumé. It was really cutting edge. When I got brave enough to finally start sending it out and within one week, I obtained my dream job, my number one choice, of working for Morgan Stanley. I should have started following your advice sooner!”
– Y. S. Chang, Finance Industry Executive
"hands-down the BEST"
“Mark, I just wanted to give you some feedback that my boss gave me on my résumé: “Rocco, in my 17 years in this position, with all the résumés that have come in, this is hands-down the BEST that I’ve ever seen.”
– Rocco Esposito, Municipal Building Inspection Professional
"...confidence during interviews"
“I came to you for help with interviews for PsyD programs. I wanted to let you know that I ended up getting accepted into more than 1 program, and was able to get into my top program (which was Pace). I thought it would be nice to know that you played a part in that success, and certainly helped me with my confidence during interviews, as I realized recently that I never let you know how my interviews went!”
– Rebecca S.
“Without your expert coaching, I could never have walked into the interview with even 1/5 the amount of confidence. I probably wouldn’t have even gotten the interview to begin with, without the résumé and cover letter that you developed for me!”
– Ken Schutz, Lighting Designer / Project Manager
"already accepting my new job"
– Michael Mishkin, Corporate Accounting
"now I have a lot of confidence"
“I am just so glad I found you! Before I spoke to you, I was really scared. And now I have a lot of confidence that I didn’t even think I’d have. Thank you for your caring and thank Heaven for your expertise and knowledge!”
– Beth Wilson, Office Manager
"lots of great interviews"
“I don’t know how you did it, but you managed to cull some great information from me. You saw potential value where I didn’t even know it existed. My new résumé has gotten me lots of great interviews where I had to choose which job offer to accept.”
– Linda Carroll, R.N.
"helped me avoid potential career mistakes"
“You certainly saved me at least 10 years and countless thousands of dollars … helped me avoid potential career mistakes.”
– Karen Wrigley, Employment Professional
"help in my recent career change"
“I just wanted to thank you for all your help in my recent career change and am certain that the exceptional work you did in preparing my résumé was instrumental in being chosen for a position in which there were many candidates. Thank you for all your help in preparing me for this significant change in my life.”
– Jeff Townson
"I now have an interview for next week"
“Thank you for updating the resume so quickly. The feedback from them about the resume was that ‘it is fantastic and well worth waiting for, it is beautifully laid out and the information is extremely impressive.’ It was so wonderful to hear such positive feedback and I wanted to share it with you. Well after several phone conversations, with the last one being this evening, I now have an interview for next week!
– Nancy Miranda, R.N.